Here is a list of the startups co-founded by Paul English.
- Boston Venture Studio,
a startup for creating consumer technology companies.
- Moonbeam, a podcast player
focused on podcast discovery, and interaction between hosts and
- Reki, the simplest way that friends
can share list of recommended TV shows.
find the best restaurants (and soon hotels) based on friends.
an online community of Chinese chess players from around the
world. First created in 1997, then relaunched in 2021.
- Lola Travel, a spend and travel
management company focused on SMB, sold to Capital One.
- Kayak, a consumer travel company we
took public in 2012 and sold to Priceline/Booking.com in 2013.
- GetHuman effort to restore
sanity to customer service.
- Boston Light Software, a maker of
ecommerce software, sold to Intuit, where I served as VP Technology
for almost four years.
- Intermute, a security software
company I cofounded with my brother Ed English. We sold this to Trend
- Speed Games, a company I started in high
school, where my sole game was Cupid for the Commodore 64. I licensed
this to Games by Apollo, and used proceeeds to buy an Apple ][+
with 48K of memory, an eprom burner, and a dot matrix
printer. Although my licensing deal was only $25k, in many ways this
was my most meaningful startup, as it taught me that code could turn
See also my